[openstack-dev] [Glare][Heat][TripleO] Heat artifact type

Oleksii Chuprykov ochuprykov at mirantis.com
Tue Jul 19 15:44:06 UTC 2016

Hello!

Today it was announced that Glare is ready for public review
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-July/099553.html So
we are ready to start working on integration Heat with Glare and
implementing a POC. After discussions with Glare team we see two design

1) Create one artifact type that will contain template, nested templates
and environments.
Pros: It is easy to maintain integrity. Since artifact is immutable, we can
guarantee the consistency and prevent from accidentally removing of
dependent environment.
Cons: If we need to add new environments to use them with template, we need
to create new artifact.

2) Create 2 artifact types: environment and template.
Pros: It is easy to add new environments. You just need to create new
dependency from template artifact to environment one.
Cons: Some environment can be (mistakenly) removed, and template that have
dependencies on it will be in inconsistent state.

So we want to hear your opinions and suggestions on the matter. Thanks in
advance!

Best regards,
Oleksii Chuprykov