[openstack-dev] [glance][nova] Globally disabling hw_qemu_guest_agent support

Daniel Russell DanielR at hostworks.com.au
Tue Jul 19 00:51:07 UTC 2016

Hi Erno,

For the size of team I am in I think it would work well but it feels like I am putting the security of Nova in the hands of Glance.

What I was more after was a setting in Nova that says 'this hypervisor does not allow guest sockets and will ignore any attempt to create them', 'this hypervisor always creates guest sockets regardless of your choice', 'this hypervisor will respect whatever you throw in hw_qemu_guest_agent with a default of no', or 'this hypervisor will respect whatever you throw in hw_qemu_guest_agent with a default of yes'.  It feels like a more appropriate place to control and manage that kind of configuration.

Thanks for the pointer, and I will implement it in our environment, but I guess it opens up a larger question of '*should* I manage that kind of config in that manner?'

Regards,
Daniel.