[openstack-dev] [tc][all] Big tent? (Related to Plugins for all)

Joshua Harlow harlowja at fastmail.com
Tue Jul 19 00:12:11 UTC 2016

I applaud this (since I know this kind of question and work is really
really hard). So thanks for starting and keeping 'hard' questions going
because without someone pushing the limit here (and/or raising the
questions) I too fear what u fear and that we may be obsoleting
ourselves by continuing down the path we are on (death by a thousand
cuts anyone?)

In general I'd also like to know how cross-project things will be any
different with the TC work, tags, release goals or other? I have a glass
is half full feeling that those kind of things are 'to soft' or 'to
late' but maybe I should just think more positive, but then I'm sort of
in the camp that much *much* more aggressive action must be taken here.

Thus why I think the starting of the architecture working group is a
good thing; because I have a believe that people are forgetting among
all of this that such a group holds a lot of the keys to the kingdom
(whether u, the reader, want to admit that or not is well the readers
problem) in openstack (sorry and no disrespect to independent folks &
contributors), but most of us work for large companies that have
architects (and leads) and if those architects (and leads) can get
together cross-company to aggregate and (agree on) and solve actual
problems then that really is IMHO the only way to keep our projects
healthy (assuming we can even do that at this stage).

Sadly I'm not sure if it's already to late for an architecture working
group of which one of its goals (IMHO) is to do said analysis &
aggregation of 'worker bees' to actually make fixes and solutions
appear; but I'll remain hopefully on that (for now).