[openstack-dev] [docs][nova] config options help texts: reviews by technical writers?

Markus Zoeller mzoeller at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Jul 18 12:29:40 UTC 2016

I'd like to ask the docs team if they see the possibility to have
reviews of the merged config options help texts Nova has updated in the
last months.

Background: In Mitaka and Newton, Nova put a lot of effort in providing
valuable help texts for their config options. They are written from
developers for operators. My assumption is, that technical writers like
the docs team look at them differently. As these help texts get
extracted from the code and will be used directly in the "configuration
reference" manual, the text "by-passed" the writing expertise of the
docs team.

Be aware, that this is still an ongoing effort in Nova (see [1],
especially "needs:fix_opt_description").