[openstack-dev] [kolla][vote] Applying for stable-follows tag

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Mon Jul 18 12:07:42 UTC 2016

Hey Koalians,

I'd like us to consider applying  for the stable follows policy tag.  Full details are here:

http://github.com/openstack/governance/blob/master/reference/tags/stable_follows-policy.rst

Because of the magic work we did to make liberty functional, it is possible that we may not be able to apply for this tag until Liberty falls into EOL.  Still I personally believe intent matters most, and our intent has always been for these to be stable low-rate-of-change no-feature-backport branches.  There are some exceptions I think we would fit under for the Liberty case, so I think it is worth a shot.

I'd need 2-4 people to commit to joining the stable backport team for Kolla reviews specifically.  These folks would be the only folks that could ACK patches in the stable branch maintenance queue.  Anyone could continue to submit backport patches as they desire.

I'll leave voting open for 1 week or until there I a majority (6 core reviewers) or until there is a unanimous vote.  If there is not, then we won't apply.  The deadline for this vote is July 25th.

Thanks!
-steve