[openstack-dev] [api] testing openstackdocstheme and os-api-ref for API reference info

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Fri Jul 15 21:58:18 UTC 2016

Hi -dev and -doc lists, and awesome devs Karen and Graham specifically -

I want to figure out the best way to coordinate a release of both the
theme and the sphinx extension so that we can test and publish and
iterate on the new API reference information display and navigation.

I think these patches are relevant and need to be merged:

https://review.openstack.org/326668 (Actually include custom JS files)
https://review.openstack.org/329508 (API References dropdown menu)

https://review.openstack.org/324805 (Tests for invalid parameter files)
https://review.openstack.org/327309 (microversion selector - dropdown)
https://review.openstack.org/318281 (HTTP Response Code Table)
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/322430/ (openstackdocstheme integration)

I think these patches are irrelevant or will keep us from the priority
task at hand, and it would be best not to merge them until we have
merged and then test these after getting the above patches released:
https://review.openstack.org/269297 (Remove duplicate search field
from left sidebar)
https://review.openstack.org/339747 (Removed more reliance on CDNs)
https://review.openstack.org/333573 (Removed minimized files)
https://review.openstack.org/339314 (Fix the incorrect CSS values,
does something to headings I want more testing on)

I'm asking about timing and next steps. Are these the basic steps, and
am I missing any?

1. Review and merge the relevant patches in both os-api-ref and
2. Release new versions of  os-api-ref and openstackdocstheme.
3. Publish test content with the new versions.
4. Update relevant tox.ini and requirements.txt files.
5. Rebuild all api-ref source to implement the new navigation.

What I need to know:
Is there an order we should follow in merging so that testing across
browsers makes sense?

What is the scope of testing: is testing with the Compute content
enough or should we also test with Identity and other projects?

What timing should we attempt for steps 1 and 2 above? I'd like to aim
for August for 1 and 2, is that do-able?

Do we need to wait for all the migrated content to be ready for steps
4 and 5 above? I think the answer is no, but I might be missing
relevant info about how the navigation will work. I can also set up a
meeting for next week if that's easier than email, let me know.


Anne Gentle

More information about the OpenStack-dev mailing list