[openstack-dev] [OPENSTACK] [HORIZON] Changing theme

BIKRAMADITYA SAHOO ansh.ansh20067 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 09:16:34 UTC 2016

Hi,

I am unable to change the theme for my openstack horizon. I tried with the
this <http://docs.openstack.org/developer/horizon/topics/settings.html> and
various other tutorial but i am still unable to achieve my goal.

I also want to have a custom "splash" (a complete custom login) and i am
unable to find any good tutorial.

I tried "local_settings.py" with following
CUSTOM_THEME_PATH="static/themes/production"
CUSTOM_THEME_PATH="themes/production"
CUSTOM_THEME_PATH="static/production"

"production" directory is present in
"/usr/share/openstack-dashboard/openstack_dashboard/static/themes" as well
as "/usr/share/openstack-dashboard/openstack_dashboard/static/custom"
directories.

Also i tried deleting the "i/usr/share/openstack-dashboard-ubuntu-theme"
and
"/usr/share/openstack-dashboard/openstack_dashboard/local/ubuntu_theme.py"
and still no use.

No matter what i do, horizon is loading images from "static/themes/ubuntu "
directory ("
http://controller/static/themes/ubuntu/image-background-pattern.png").

Kindly point me to anything i am doing wrong or/and any well-documented
tutorial or docs.

NOTE: I want to have the above changes in an already running setup by
manipulating files.

Thanks and Regards,
Bikramaditya Sahoo