[openstack-dev] [kolla][nova][infra] Voting gates

Anita Kuno anteaya at anteaya.info
Thu Jul 14 14:37:41 UTC 2016

On 07/14/2016 10:21 AM, Steven Dake (stdake) wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> At the midcycle, we had a session on gating.
>
> Out of that session came the decision to make the build gates voting

Jobs, you have voting jobs, gates do not vote.

We have an overload of technical terms as it is. Newcomers look to
existing members to understand terminology and culture. Someone
continuing to call a term a slang version perpetuates and creates
confusion and frustration for people who believed they were using the
correct term.

http://docs.openstack.org/project-team-guide/testing.html#project-gating

Thank you,
Anita.