[openstack-dev] [TripleO] Making TripleO CI easier to consume outside of TripleO CI

David Moreau Simard dms at redhat.com
Wed Jul 13 15:58:20 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 9:06 AM, Wesley Hayutin <whayutin at redhat.com> wrote:
> We also considered ansible-galaxy and any of the ansible roles found in
> github/redhat-openstack/ansible-role could be moved into galaxy.  Galaxy did
> not end up meeting our requirements for installing the roles and we ended up
> using python setuptools.  Some roles have specific config and playbooks that
> need to be copied to a standard location and galaxy just did not do that
> very well.

What special requirements do you have around that ?
I'm able to install roles both from git (zuul-cloner) and from
ansible-galaxy just fine.

- ansible-role-requirements.yml [1]
- ansible-galaxy install [2]
- ansible.cfg role path [3]

Stuff doesn't necessarily need to be "uploaded" to galaxy.
ansible-galaxy is really a glorified wrapper around git :)

[1]: https://github.com/rdo-infra/weirdo/blob/master/ansible-role-requirements.yml
[2]: https://github.com/rdo-infra/weirdo/blob/master/tox.ini#L26
[3]: https://github.com/rdo-infra/weirdo/blob/master/playbooks/ansible.cfg#L9

David Moreau Simard