[openstack-dev] [nova] focused review pipeline of bug fix changes?

Markus Zoeller mzoeller at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Jul 12 18:44:33 UTC 2016

On 12.07.2016 19:46, Augustina Ragwitz wrote:
> I like the idea of having a list because it makes it easy for people to
> see what's up for review. Anything that allows people to easily point
> and click will increase visibility and participation. I also prefer the
> list maintenance be as automagic as possible so the burden doesn't fall
> on one or two people and thus risk it getting out of date.
>
> I like #3 but I worry about the comments getting spammy if things are
> dropped from and added to the list repeatedly. Would tagging the bugs in
> Launchpad work? We can easily remove tags in Launchpad, it's a
> query-able list, and the reviewer would immediately have some context.

Yeah, the easy access is key IMO. Some people also like to use CLI tools
like gerrty [1] which makes it necessary that the query is executed
against Gerrit.
In the nova-bugs-team meeting some minutes ago we also discussed that we
could have a query which checks:
* starred changes
* by certain people
* "closes-bug" in the commit message

That allows some kind of control which changes will be in that list.

[1] https://github.com/openstack/gertty
[2]
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/nova_bugs_team/2016/nova_bugs_team.2016-07-12-17.59.log.html

--