[openstack-dev] [Murano][user-guide][docs] Add section 'Murano applications guide' to the End User Guide

Sergey Slypushenko sslypushenko at mirantis.com
Tue Jul 12 17:14:53 UTC 2016

Hi, folks!

I'm working on user guide about developing and using custom Murano
applications. As far as I'm concerned End User Guide [1] would be a perfect
fit for this document. Mainly because, it demonstarates one more way to
regular cloud users, how they can consume services provided by OpenStack
cloud.

Looking through latest version of End User Guide, I surprisingly found that
there are no references to Murano project in it. So, I submitted this
patchset [2]. It suppose to be a placeholder to put Murano related user
guides in it. For the very begging, I just make reference on existed docs,
like it is done for Heat object templates [3] now. We already have been
working on more content for this section. So, what is proper way to move
forward? I see, some options here:

   - Submit a spec from this activity to docs-specs
   - Prepare whole Murano user guide and send it in a single patchset
   - Land initial patchset and continue work on providing more content

Personally, I'd prefer the latest option, but i'm not very familiar with
recognized flow. So, what do you think, folks?

Best Regards,
Serg Slipushenko

[1] http://docs.openstack.org/user-guide/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/340474/