[openstack-dev] Mascot/logo for your project

Heidi Joy Tretheway heidijoy at openstack.org
Mon Jul 11 15:00:29 UTC 2016

The Foundation would like to help promote OpenStack projects in the big tent with branding and marketing services. The idea is to create a family of logos for OpenStack projects that are unique, yet immediately identifiable as part of OpenStack. We’ll be using these logos to promote your project on the OpenStack website, at the Summit and in marketing materials.

We’re asking project teams to choose a mascot to represent as their logo. Your team can select your own mascot, and then we’ll have an illustrator create the logo for you (and we also plan to print some special collateral for your team in Barcelona).

If your team already has a logo based on a mascot from nature, you’ll have first priority to keep that mascot, and the illustrator will restyle it to be consistent with the other projects. If you have a logo that doesn’t have a mascot from nature, we encourage your team to choose a mascot.

Here’s an FAQ and examples of what the logos can look like: http://www.openstack.org/project-mascots <http://www.openstack.org/project-mascots>
We’ve also recorded a quick video with an overview of the project: https://youtu.be/LOdsuNr2T-o <https://youtu.be/LOdsuNr2T-o>

You can get in touch with your PTL to participate in the logo choice discussion. If you have more questions, I’m happy to help. :-)

Cheers,
Heidi Joy

______
Heidi Joy Tretheway
Senior Marketing Manager, OpenStack Foundation
503 816 9769  |  skype: heidi.tretheway