[openstack-dev] [Bilean][CloudKitty][Telemetry] Open discussionaround Bilean and existing OpenStack components

Stéphane Albert sheeprine-ml at nullplace.com
Thu Jul 7 21:44:36 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jul 07, 2016 at 09:50:02AM +0800, 吕冬兵 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm sorry to see this discussion so late:). Thanks for attention.
>
> I don't oppose to contribute to add trigger-based solution to
> CloudKitty, I just want to know if it's possible to support
> trigger-based for CloudKitty based on now arch, pls generally describe
> how. And another thing I want to make sure is that if it's good to mix
> two different solution in one component.
Hi,

At the moment we have an arch that looks like this

[collector] <-> [orchestrator] <-> [rating, storage, etc]

The orchestrator is responsible of polling data from different backends
using collectors.
We are currently working on a refactor of the internal architecture, we
plan on having rating engines as drivers to ease transitions and
possibility to fully integrate with other engines. And we'll add the "on
demand collect" which is basically a smarter rating engine.
We can easily do something like this:

                   [events]
                      ^

[collector] <-> [orchestrator] <-> [rating, storage, etc]

Which is just adding notification handling to the orchestrator. Events
will then be processed by the rating engine.

Everything can be enabled/disabled easily using configuration so that
users can choose what type they need (poll/event). I don't see what can
be the blocking point here.

The new rating engine is on the agenda of next Monday meeting, we can
add a point to talk about collaboration on event based rating.

I'm available if you need any information.

Cheers,
Stéphane