[openstack-dev] Manila TripleO Mitaka

Marios Andreou marios at redhat.com
Thu Jul 7 16:14:19 UTC 2016

On 07/07/16 14:25, Charles Short wrote:
> Hi,
Hi Charles,

> I am deploying TripleO Mitaka stable and want to include the NetApp
> Manila driver referenced here -
>
> http://docs.openstack.org/developer/tripleo-docs/advanced_deployment/deploy_manila.html

thanks for pointing those docs out - to be honest I don't know why we
landed those since the manila integration itself is still in progress. I
went looking for the gerrit review but gave up - found the commit at
https://github.com/openstack/tripleo-docs/commit/01ee4f59356b7d7df572d021931a4c7fa1e07cd9
... in any case I think we need to mark these WIP and I'm doing that at
https://review.openstack.org/339109

> I cannot see either templates available in the Undercloud.
>
> Digging a bit it looks like there are some hurdles to overcome -
>
> http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-May/096126.html
>
> Does anyone have an update on progress, especially for the NetApp driver?

Currently I am aware of three reviews related to Manila. One is the
'main' patch to land manila-generic backend and the other two are for
netap and gluster integration respectively.

    https://review.openstack.org/#/c/188137/ “Enable Manila integration
- as a composable controller service”

    https://review.openstack.org/#/c/188138/ “Add integration with
NetApp Manila driver”

    https://review.openstack.org/#/c/230936/ “Add Gluster integration to
Manila”

The Manila integration as a composable service needs to land first. The
Netapp and Gluster reviews I've not had any involvement in at all; they
will also need to tlc to get landed, but they both depend on the 'main'
manila integration patch.

Hope that helps clarify the situation somewhat,

thanks, marios