[openstack-dev] [nova] Non-priority feature freeze and FFEs

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Jul 6 20:15:44 UTC 2016

On 7/5/2016 2:14 AM, tiendc at vn.fujitsu.com wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I want to give more information about our nova patch for bp ironic-serial-console-support. The whole feature needs work to be done in Nova and Ironic. The nova bp [1] has been approved, and the Ironic spec [2] has been merged.
>
> This nova patch [3] is simple, we got some reviews by some Nova and Ironic core reviewers. The depended patches in Ironic are [4][5] which [4] will get merged soon and [5] is in review progress.
>
> Hope Nova core team considers adding this case to the exception list.
>
> [1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/ironic-serial-console-support  (Nova bp, approved by dansmith)
> [2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/319505/  (Ironic spec, merged)
>
> [3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/328157/  (Nova patch, in review)
> [4] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/328168/  (Ironic patch 1st, got two +2, will get merged soon)
> [5] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/293873/  (Ironic patch 2nd, in review)
>
> Thanks and Regards
> Dao Cong Tien

When I looked last week the nova change was dependent on multiple ironic
patches which weren't merged yet, so it wasn't ready to go for the
non-priority feature freeze. The ironic changes are all merged yet
either when we were going over FFE candidates. So this is going to have
to wait for Ocata.

Matt Riedemann