[openstack-dev] [Kolla] [docker] Storage-driver and loopback usage?

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Tue Jul 5 17:53:21 UTC 2016

Actually our documentation recommends AUFS on Ubuntu and BTRFS on CentOS.  See:

<http://docs.openstack.org/developer/kolla/operating-kolla.html>http://docs.oenstack.org/developer/kolla/operating-kolla.html

Search for BTRFS.

From: Jeffrey Zhang <zhang.lei.fly at gmail.com<mailto:zhang.lei.fly at gmail.com>>
Date: Sunday, July 3, 2016 at 8:58 PM
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [Kolla] [docker] Storage-driver and loopback usage?

Hi Gerard,

Here is what the docker official recommend[0]. In the prod env, the they recommend
using the direct-lvm driver.

Kolla has no recommendation now. In the dev process, i know someone use overlayfs,
some use btrfs. These two are both faster than others.

[0] https://docs.docker.com/engine/userguide/storagedriver/selectadriver/