[openstack-dev] [nova] Non-priority feature freeze and FFEs

Balázs Gibizer balazs.gibizer at ericsson.com
Tue Jul 5 09:31:12 UTC 2016

I'm proposing 5 of the remaining notification transformations patches
as FFE candidates. [1]

> 1. How far along the change is (how ready is it?), e.g. does it require
> a lot of change yet? Does it require a Tempest test and is that passing
> already? How much of the series has already merged and what's left?

The below patches are all ready but they needed a rebase after the
last minute changes on the instance.delete patch which they depend on.
Tempest test is not required for these patches.

already had +2 +W:
 * https://review.openstack.org/329089 Transform instance.suspend notifications

already had +2:
* https://review.openstack.org/331972 Transform instance.restore notifications
* https://review.openstack.org/332696 Transform instance.shelve notifications

ready for core review
* https://review.openstack.org/329141 Transform instance.pause notifications
* https://review.openstack.org/329255 Transform instance.resize notifications

The spec-ed scope of the bp [1] is already merged but these are fairly trivial
patches

> 2. How much core reviewer attention has it already gotten?

See above.

> 3. What kind of priority does it have, i.e. if we don't get it done in
> Newton do we miss something in Ocata? Think things that start
> deprecation/removal timers.

If we move these to Ocata then we slow the notifications transformation
work which means the deprecation of the legacy notifications
also moves further in the future.

Cheers,
Gibi

[1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/versioned-notification-transformation-newton