[openstack-dev] [nova] Non-priority feature freeze and FFEs

tiendc at vn.fujitsu.com tiendc at vn.fujitsu.com
Tue Jul 5 07:14:08 UTC 2016

Hi folks,

I want to give more information about our nova patch for bp ironic-serial-console-support. The whole feature needs work to be done in Nova and Ironic. The nova bp [1] has been approved, and the Ironic spec [2] has been merged.

This nova patch [3] is simple, we got some reviews by some Nova and Ironic core reviewers. The depended patches in Ironic are [4][5] which [4] will get merged soon and [5] is in review progress.

Hope Nova core team considers adding this case to the exception list.

[1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/ironic-serial-console-support  (Nova bp, approved by dansmith)
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/319505/  (Ironic spec, merged)

[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/328157/  (Nova patch, in review)
[4] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/328168/  (Ironic patch 1st, got two +2, will get merged soon)