[openstack-dev] [all][Python 3.4-3.5] Async python clients

Antoni Segura Puimedon toni+openstackml at midokura.com
Mon Jul 4 09:40:57 UTC 2016

On Mon, Jul 4, 2016 at 11:16 AM, Julien Danjou <julien at danjou.info> wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 26 2016, Denis Makogon wrote:
>
> > I know that some work in progress to bring Python 3.4 compatibility to
> > backend services and it is kinda hard question to answer, but i'd like to
> > know if there are any plans to support asynchronous HTTP API client in
> the
> > nearest future using aiohttp [1] (PEP-3156)?

We were not sure if aiohttp would be taken in as a requirement, so in our
kuryr kubernetes
prototype we did our own asyncio http request library (it only does GET for
now)[2]

<https://github.com/midonet/kuryr/blob/k8s/kuryr/raven/aio/methods.py>

> I don't think there is unfortunately. Most clients now relies on
> `requests', and unfortunately it's not async not it seems ready to be
> last time I checked.

for the neutron clients now we use a thread executor from the asyncio loop
any time
we do neutron client request.