[openstack-dev] [openstack-ansible] When to purge the DB, and when not to purge the DB?

Jesse Pretorius Jesse.Pretorius at rackspace.co.uk
Sat Jul 2 11:39:40 UTC 2016

On 7/1/16, 8:48 PM, "Ian Cordasco" <sigmavirus24 at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]

That’s a good question which betrays the fact that I phrased my question poorly. :)

The question is whether we should do something like this:

1) As part of the normal execution of the service playbooks;
2) As part of the automated major upgrade (i.e. The step is not optional);
3) As part of the manual major upgrade (i.e. The step is optional);
4) Never.

If never, it might be useful for our community to curate a few bits of operations tooling to automated this sort of thing on demand. The tooling can be placed into the Ops repository [1] if this is done.

[1] https://github.com/openstack/openstack-ansible-ops

Rackspace Limited is a company registered in England & Wales (company registered number 03897010) whose registered office is at 5 Millington Road, Hyde Park Hayes, Middlesex UB3 4AZ. Rackspace Limited privacy policy can be viewed at www.rackspace.co.uk/legal/privacy-policy - This e-mail message may contain confidential or privileged information intended for the recipient. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of the enclosed material is prohibited. If you receive this transmission in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail at abuse at rackspace.com and delete the original message. Your cooperation is appreciated.