[openstack-dev] [fuel][nailgun-agent] Announcement of massive changes in fuel-nailgun-agent

Ivan Suzdal isuzdal at mirantis.com
Fri Jul 1 13:54:53 UTC 2016

Greetings!

Today we did a big change which might be invasive. We replaced ohai with facter in fuel-nailgun-agent [1]. There were a couple reasons why we did that:

1. Fuel project uses facter very intensively. However, ohai and facter have similar purpose and functionality. We were lack of some useful features from ohai.
2. Ohai requires a lot of dependencies. Every dependency is a separate package which requires some efforts to maintain it.

All necessary functionality was added to nailgun-agent so we have a feature parity at the moment. Since the change is big it might be dangerous as it’s related to hardware where it’s run on. Please don’t hesitate to contact me in case of any issues with nailgun-agent. Your feedback is appreciated.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/314642/ <https://review.openstack.org/#/c/314642/>

Best regards!
Ivan Suzdal
isuzdal at mirantis.com