[openstack-dev] [neutron][taas] Taas can not capture the packet, if the two VM on the same host. Is it a Bug?

张广明 gmzhang76 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 08:03:53 UTC 2016

Hi ,
    I found a limitation when use taas.  My test case is descripped as
follow:
    VM1 and VM2 is running on the same host and  they are belong the vlan.
The monitor VM is on the same host or the  other host . I want to monitor
the only INPUT flow to the VM1.
    So I configure the tap-flow like this "neutron tap-flow-create  --port
2a5a4382-a600-4fb1-8955-00d0fc9f648f  --tap-service
c510e5db-4ba8-48e3-bfc8-1f0b61f8f41b --direction IN ".
    When ping from VM2 to VM1.  I can not get the flow in the monitor VM.
   The reason is the the flow from VM2 to VM1 in br-int has not vlan
information. The vlan tag was added in flow when output the packet  in OVS.
So the code in file ovs_taas.py did not work in this case .

     if direction == 'IN' or direction == 'BOTH':
            port_mac = tap_flow['port_mac']
             self.int_br.add_flow(table=0,
                                 priority=20,
                                dl_vlan=port_vlan_id,
                                dl_dst=port_mac,
                               actions="normal,mod_vlan_vid:%s,output:%s" %
                                 (str(taas_id), str(patch_int_tap_id)))

 Is this is a Bug or a Design ??

Thanks.