[openstack-dev] [kolla][vote] Apply for release:managed tag

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Fri Jul 1 00:56:09 UTC 2016

Hey folks,

I'd like the release management team to take on releases of Kolla.  This means applying for the release:managed[1] tag.  Please vote +1 if you wish to proceed, or -1 if you don't wish to proceed.  The most complex part of this change will be that when feature freeze happens, we must actually freeze all feature development.  We as a team haven't been super good at this in the past, but I am confident we could hold to that set of rules if the core team is in agreement on this vote.

I will leave voting open or 1 week until July 8th.  If a majority is reached prior to that date, I will close voting early and submit governance changes.

Note the release team would have  to accept our application, so even though we may decide to vote to be release:managed, it is ultimately up to the discretion of the release management team whether we meet the criteria and if they have the bandwidth to work with our release liason.

[1] https://github.com/openstack/governance/blob/master/reference/tags/release_managed.rst

<https://github.com/openstack/governance/blob/master/reference/tags/release_managed.rst>