[openstack-dev] [Horizon] It's already too late for ... Updating XStatic packages

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Sun Jan 31 09:00:38 UTC 2016

On 01/06/2016 06:18 PM, Rob Cresswell (rcresswe) wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> While the automated system is broken, I’d like to work on manually
> releasing a few of the XStatic packages. This will *only* be the release
> stage; we will still use gerrit to review the package content as usual.
>
> List of packages current versions, and their upstreams, can be found
> here: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/horizon-libs
>
> If anyone has spare time, please consider investigating some of the
> dependencies listed above. To update an XStatic package, propose a
> change to its repo as you would with Horizon; they are all in the
> OpenStack namespace. For example, Xstatic-Angular can be found
> at http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/xstatic-angular/
>
> Thanks,
> Rob

Guys,

We're now in February, *after* the end of the Beta 2 cycle.

I'd like to remind you that now is *too late already* to update or
change any dependency on Horizon. If you want to do so, please do that
*after* the Mitaka release.

I don't want to suffer spending half of my package maintainer time on
Horizon, in a hurry, at the end of a dev cycle again. These things
should be changed before b1 or at least before b2, not after.

By the way, is there a document where I can see the changes already made?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)