[openstack-dev] [oslo] nominating Alexis Lee for oslo-core

Joshua Harlow harlowja at fastmail.com
Sun Jan 31 03:19:01 UTC 2016

On 01/30/2016 01:25 PM, Julien Danjou wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 30 2016, Sylvain Bauza wrote:
>
>> I suggest you look how to revert an RPC API change by thinking of our
>> continuous deployers, you might discover something interesting there.
>> :)
>
> This is an interesting thought indeed. If you consider every commit to
> be releasable so then deploy-able, then there's somehow a blurry line on
> what are bugs and not bugs as soon as you merge any code.

This is an interesting point, perhaps worthy of another thread... But
I've always wondered how this works out for those who are continuously
deploying from master/head. Now I know openstack is obviously bug-free
(ha) so it likely never happens, but how is that handled (especially if
it's a critical bug let *accidently* in by some *expert*) and what is
the workflow...

-Josh