[openstack-dev] [stable][ceilometer][all] stable/kilo 2015.1.3 delayed

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Jan 29 20:36:01 UTC 2016

On 2016-01-29 19:34:01 +0000 (+0000), gordon chung wrote:
> hmm.. that's unfortunate... anything we need to update so this doesn't
> happen again? or just a matter of lesson learned, let's keep an eye out
> next time?

Well, I backported the downloadcache removal to the stable/kilo
branch after discovering this issue, and while that's too late to
solve it for 2015.1.3 it will at least no longer prevent a 2015.1.4
tarball from being built.

> i guess the question is can users wait (a month?) for next release? i'm
> willing to poll operator list (or any list) to query for demand if
> that's easier on your end? if there's very little interest we can defer
> -- i do have a few patches lined up for next kilo release window so i
> would expect another release.

I'm perfectly okay uploading a tarball I or someone else builds for
this, as long as it's acceptable to leadership from stable branch
management, Telemetry and the community at large. Our infrastructure
exists to make things more consistent and convenient, but it's there
to serve us and so we shouldn't be slaves to it.
--
Jeremy Stanley