[openstack-dev] [puppet][ec2api] - Official EC2 puppet module repo

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Fri Jan 29 19:02:34 UTC 2016

On 01/29/2016 10:35 AM, Marcos Fermin Lobo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since I finished to "apply" for puppet-ec2api module as official puppet
> module in OpenStack (see https://review.openstack.org/#/c/252959/ and
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/251857/), I saw that the puppet module
> repository is created https://github.com/openstack/puppet-ec2api
>
> But the repository is still empty.

Yeah, you have two options:

#1 Import your code

If you do that, please iterate your patches so you'll have reviews more
quickly. You can look how puppet-mistral was created [1], I like the
iterative approach (step by step).

#2 Generate a new module with this procedure [2]

Run the procedure, and follow-up with new patches to add the classes
that you had in our module.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/q/project:openstack/puppet-mistral
[2] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Puppet/New_module#On_the_technical_side

> (...)

Both approaches work for us, but please iterate with small chunks, which
is easier to test and review.

Thanks a lot for your efforts, very appreciated.
--
Emilien Macchi