[openstack-dev] [oslo] nominating Alexis Lee for oslo-core

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Jan 29 11:24:57 UTC 2016

On 1/28/2016 10:05 PM, Doug Hellmann wrote:
> I am nominating Alexis Lee (lxsli) for oslo-core.
>
> Alexis has been working on adding configuration file reloading to
> oslo.config this cycle. The work isn't complete, but at this point
> he probably knows as much or more about the internals of that library
> as any of us. :-) He has also shown, with some of his other recent
> proposals, that he has a ideas for the future of configuration
> management and an interest in contributing to Oslo.
>
> Please indicate yea or nay with the usual +1/-1 vote here.
>
> Doug
>
> http://stackalytics.com/?release=all&project_type=all&metric=commits&user_id=alexisl

As an outsider, this is just a question, but I don't see an
oslo-config-core group. I'm assuming that because of lxsli's work on
oslo.config this nomination is coming up, but is the nomination for
oslo-core, as in all of the oslo projects? Including things like
oslo.versionedobjects and oslo.messaging?

I'm just wondering how things get broken down because there are
obviously subject matter experts in certain projects in oslo, but I
wouldn't consider them as being cores across all projects just because
they are core on one. Or am I misunderstanding?

Matt Riedemann