[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Overriding and removing VIPs from plugins

Roman Prykhodchenko me at romcheg.me
Thu Jan 28 10:43:32 UTC 2016

Folks,

currently merge policy for network roles only allows to add new VIPs to already existing roles [1]. If a plugin supplies a VIP with a name that already exists but with different parameters, Nailgun will not allow to do that. We faced a need to override configuration of several VIPs by completely removing them from network roles by supplying something like [2]. To enable that I’ve made a temporary workaround [3] to the merging policy that only handles one cornerstone.

I’ve talked to ikalnitsky and we realized that this functionality of merging new VIPs from plugins to an existing network role is actually wrong and should be replaced by complete overriding. Let’s discuss this possibility here.