[openstack-dev] [TripleO] spec-lite process for tripleo

Jason Rist jrist at redhat.com
Thu Jan 28 03:01:31 UTC 2016

On 01/27/2016 09:21 AM, Derek Higgins wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We briefly discussed feature tracking in this weeks tripleo meeting. I
> would like to provide a way for downstream consumers (and ourselves) to
> track new features as they get implemented. The main things that came
> out of the discussion is that people liked the spec-lite process that
> the glance team are using.
>
> I'm proposing we would start to use the same process, essentially small
> features that don't warrant a blueprint would instead have a wishlist
> bug opened against them and get marked with the spec-lite tag. This bug
> could then be referenced in the commit messages. For larger features
> blueprints can still be used. I think the process documented by
> glance[1] is a good model to follow so go read that and see what you think
>
> The general feeling at the meeting was +1 to doing this[2] so I hope we
> can soon start enforcing it, assuming people are still happy to proceed?
>
> thanks,
> Derek.
>
> [1]
> http://docs.openstack.org/developer/glance/contributing/blueprints.html#glance-spec-lite
>
> [2]
> http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/tripleo/2016/tripleo.2016-01-26-14.02.log.html

I guess my only thought would be to make the bug/rfe fairly descriptive
so we don't have to go tracking down whoever reported it for more
details.  Maybe just some light rules about age and responsiveness so we
can quickly retire those bugs/rfes that people aren't really paying
attention to.

-J

--
Jason E. Rist