[openstack-dev] [oslo] Allow YAML config

Alexis Lee lxsli at hpe.com
Wed Jan 27 17:08:42 UTC 2016

Vladislav Kuzmin said on Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 04:26:32PM +0300:
> I want to specify all my option in yaml file, because it is much more
> readable. But I must use ini file, because oslo.log using
> logging.config.fileConfig for reading the config file (
> https://github.com/openstack/oslo.log/blob/master/oslo_log/log.py#L216)
> Why we cannot use yaml file? Can I propose solution for that?

Vlad's patch is here:
    https://review.openstack.org/#/c/259000/

He's covered logging config, I've also put one up for regular config:
    https://review.openstack.org/#/c/273117/

Eventually this could help get rid of MultiStrOpt.

Alexis (lxsli)
--
Nova developer, Hewlett-Packard Limited.
Registered Office: Cain Road, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 1HN.