[openstack-dev] [Fuel][library] Switching to external fixtures for integration Noop tests

Bogdan Dobrelya bdobrelia at mirantis.com
Wed Jan 27 16:37:55 UTC 2016

On 26.01.2016 22:18, Kyrylo Galanov wrote:
> Hello Bogdan,
>
> I hope I am not the one of the context. Why do we separate fixtures for
> Noop tests from the repo?
> I can understand if while noop test block was carried out to a separate
> repo.

I believe fixtures normally are downloaded by the rake spec_prep.
Developers avoid to ship fixtures with tests.

The astute.yaml data fixtures are supposed to be external to the
fuel-library as that data comes from the Nailgun backend and corresponds
to all known deploy paths.

Later, the generated puppet catalogs (see [0]) shall be put to the
fixtures repo as well - as they will contain hundreds thousands of
auto-generate lines and are tightly related to the astute.yaml fixtures.

While the Noop tests framework itself indeed may be moved to another
separate repo (later), we should keep our integration tests [1] in the
fuel-library repository, which is "under test" by those tests.

[0] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/fuel/+spec/deployment-data-dryrun
[1]
https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/fuel-library/tree/tests/noop/spec/hosts

> On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 1:54 PM, Bogdan Dobrelya <bdobrelia at mirantis.com
> <mailto:bdobrelia at mirantis.com>> wrote:
>
>     We are going to switch [0] to external astute.yaml fixtures for Noop
>     tests and remove them from the fuel-library repo as well.
>     Please make sure all new changes to astute.yaml fixtures will be
>     submitted now to the new location. Related mail thread [1].
>
>     [0]
>     https://review.openstack.org/#/c/272480/1/doc/noop-guide/source/noop_fixtures.rst
>     [1]
>     http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-December/082888.html