[openstack-dev] [TripleO] changes in irc alerts

Derek Higgins derekh at redhat.com
Wed Jan 27 00:15:07 UTC 2016

Hi All,

For the last few months we've been alerting the #tripleo irc channel
when a card is open on the tripleo trello org, in the urgent list.

When used I think it served a good purpose to alert people to the fact
that deploying master is currently broken, but it hasn't been used as
much as I hoped(not to mention the duplication of sometimes needing a LB
bug anyways). As most people are more accustomed to creating LP bugs
when things are broken and to avoid duplication perhaps it would have
been better to use LaunchPad to drive the alerts instead.

I've changed the bot that was looking at trello to now instead look for
bugs on launchpad (hourly), it will alert the #tripleo channel if it
finds a bug that matches

is filed against the tripleo project  AND
has a Importance or "Critical"        AND
has the tag "alert" applied to it

I brought this up in todays meeting and people were +1 on the idea, do
the rules above work for people? if not I can change them to something
more suitable.

thanks,
Derek.