[openstack-dev] [devstack] Rabbit credentails revert to defaults are reboot?

Bob Hansen hansenb at us.ibm.com
Tue Jan 26 22:03:04 UTC 2016

I have seen this twice now. Once on a devstack I downloaded a few days ago,
and again today. What I discovered was that if I reboot the machine, the
credentials for rabbit go back to the defaults. The symptom is anything
that requires any sort of authentication results in a 500.... nova list,
neutron subnet-list.. Glance image-list will work.

The clue is this is spread all through the log files.

2016-01-26 21:58:59.981 ERROR oslo.messaging._drivers.impl_rabbit
[req-7559dc92-d7c9-47bc-8e68-7062acf74b8b None None] AMQP server
127.0.0.1:5672 closed the connection. Check login credentials: Socket
closed

When I run stack.sh I set the credentials, stack.sh creates the credentials
for rabbit just as I had specified in my local.conf file.

Not sure exactly how rabbit is configured, and how to set the credentials
back, which I think I can do by modifying /etc/rabbitmq/rabbitmq.conf,
which doesn't exist.

Any help? If I reboot for any reason, I have a choice, fix the conf files,
or reinstall devstack.

Thanks!

Bob Hansen
z/VM OpenStack Enablement