[openstack-dev] [neutron][fwaas] how a disabled firewall should behave

Sridar Kandaswamy (skandasw) skandasw at cisco.com
Tue Jan 26 18:01:10 UTC 2016

Hi Takashi:

There were discussions around this sometime in the H cycle w.r.t the
reference implementation. IIRC, the consensus was that if a Firewall is
configured, the points of insertion should be conservative and drop all
traffic when admin_state_up is False. Only removing the Firewall will pass
all traffic. And the code does that [1] which u have probab already
checked.

[1]
https://github.com/openstack/neutron-fwaas/blob/master/neutron_fwaas/servic
es/firewall/drivers/linux/iptables_fwaas.py#L120

Thanks

Sridar