[openstack-dev] [puppet] [infra] adding a third scenario in Puppet OpenStack integration jobs

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Tue Jan 26 17:01:08 UTC 2016

Hi folks,

Puppet OpenStack integration jobs [1] are very helpful to perform
functional testing when deploying OpenStack with our modules.

We current run scenario 001 and 002 on both centos7 & trusty, which is 4
jobs in the check queue.

I would like to propose some changes, feel free to comment:
* a complete scenario with ceph, using openstack/puppet-ceph integrated
with Nova, Glance, Cinder and eventually Gnocchi.
* more Neutron testing: LBaaSv1 first, Octavia in the future, FWaaS, VPNaaS.
* more services: murano, mistral, manila, designate
* switch from ipv4 local loopback (127.0.0.1) to to ipv6 local loopback
binding.

Those changes would probably require one more scenario, which represents
2 more jobs. Adding [infra] tag here so they can weigh on it.

Any feedback is welcome,
Thanks,

[1] https://github.com/openstack/puppet-openstack-integration#description
--