[openstack-dev] [tacker]Automatic Resource Creation

bharath thiruveedula bharath_ves at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 26 14:19:29 UTC 2016

Hi Tackers,

I have uploaded a new patchset for the automatic resource creation spec[1]. I haven't addressed some comments and as I am unable to attend to mitaka midcycle meetup, I am sharing below few thoughts on this spec.

Image Creation:

In the latest patchset, image creation at the time of onboarding, is the only reason for maintaining state for VNFD. As we discussed earlier, it may get difficult for the new users to understand "state for templates?". So it is better to  move image creation too on VNF creation. So if the template has uri, for the first VNF creation, we create the image and store image id for future VNF deployments. So using this option, we can provide parametrization of templates for images also and we can remove the statefulness for VNFD.
Flavor Creaton:
We can apply the same above rule in this case also. we store flavor IDs while deploying the first VNF and later reuse the same IDs.
Network Creation:
We can apply same rule here.
Let me know your comments
[1]https://review.openstack.org/#/c/250291/