[openstack-dev] [nova][neutron] Update on Neutron's rolling upgrade support?

Ihar Hrachyshka ihrachys at redhat.com
Tue Jan 26 13:19:23 UTC 2016

Jay Pipes <jaypipes at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Sean,
>
> Tomorrow morning UTC, we'll be discussing Neutron topics at the Nova
> mid-cycle. Wondering if you might give us a quick status update on where
> we are with the Neutron devstack grenade jobs and what your work has
> uncovered on the Neutron side that might be possible to discuss in our
> midcycle meetup?

Lemme give you some update on the matter.

We experienced some grenade partial job failures in multinode when creating
initial long standing resources:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1527675

That was identified as an MTU issue and to be fixed by a set of patches:

https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:multinode-neutron-mtu

The only needed piece not in yet is: https://review.openstack.org/267847
(we need someone from infra to give second +2)

With that, we pass past the resource creation phase and run actual tests
with 3 failures. You can see latest results using the following fake patch:
https://review.openstack.org/265759

Failure logs:
http://logs.openstack.org/59/265759/15/experimental/gate-grenade-dsvm-neutron-multinode/6c1c97b/console.html

All three tests fail when ssh-ing into an instance using br-ex. This may be
another MTU issue, now on br-ex side. We have not identified specific fixes
to merge for that yet.

Hope that helps,

Ihar