[openstack-dev] [murano] Nominate Rong Zhu to Murano Core

Kirill Zaitsev kzaitsev at mirantis.com
Mon Jan 25 21:08:25 UTC 2016

I would very much want to see Rong Zhu to be in Murano Core, but I would like to see more contribution and better reviews before that happens.
I would have to say -1 from my side.

1) Rong Zhu is currently the top commiter in M cycle. However looking at his commits http://stackalytics.com/?user_id=zhu-rong&metric=commits&module=murano-group — most of them are either cosmetic or fix small and non-complex bugs.
I would like to see Rong Zhu participate in development of project more. In order to become Core, I would like to see him design and implement a more complex feature for the project, not just cleanup typos & docs, and fix easy to reach bugs.

2) Rong Zhu is an active reviewer in our projects, and I really appreciate that. However, he currently makes less than 1 review a day (on average) and there is a lot of place for improvement here. I would also want to see more comments and better explanations on his votes, i.e. why he voted the way he did.

Overall I would very like to see Rong Zhu become one of Murano Cores, but right now is not the best moment.
I believe he should be a more active reviewer and contribute more to the project (beyond just fixing simple bugs) to become a Core reviewer.
I would be happy to assist him on achieving those.
As soon as that happens I would gladly change my vote, but currently it is -1.

--
Kirill Zaitsev
Murano team