[openstack-dev] [horizon] Angular Views overriding

Yves-Gwenaël Bourhis yves-gwenael.bourhis at cloudwatt.com
Mon Jan 25 11:27:52 UTC 2016

Hello All,

I have a question regarding Horizon Angular views.

My question is "Is there a way (and if so "a doc") of customizing (overriding) the current angular views without modifying the current static js and html files?"
With http://docs.openstack.org/developer/horizon/topics/customizing.html people who deploy horizon can easily modify some views without touching the horizon code, but what I would like to know if there is a provided mechanism to add some company specific columns in the angular launch-instance form (I want to add the prices of an instance per flavor, plus some extra flavor specific info, plus some flavor categories, plus category tabs for the images, etc...).

For the moment the only method I found was either to be intrusive in the horizon code, either I had to have my app come first in installed apps and have the same static path and copy + modify all the angular specific html... :-/

Is there a better way of doing so?

If not, maybe a Blue-Print could be welcomed, because it's often necessary to have deployment specific overrides of the angular views made as easy as the python/django/horizon ones.

Thanks all.

--
Yves-Gwenaël Bourhis