[openstack-dev] [Neutron][Networking-ovn] Instances on the compute node can not get IP address from DHCP

Chen Li lichen.hangzhou at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 02:33:49 UTC 2016

hello,

I have build a 2 node devstack environment with ovn enabled by following
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/networking-ovn/testing.html  with 2
physical machine
 on one blade server.

Then I created 3 instances, one in the controller node and other two in the
compute node, same as :
http://galsagie.github.io/sdn/openstack/ovs/2015/05/30/ovn-deep-dive

The issue I met is : the 2 instances on the compute node can not get IP
address from DHCP.

Then, I give the 2 instances on the compute node with IP addresses by hand,
and they can reach each other.

I guess it could be caused by MTU setting. so, I changed my physical nic
interface MTU to 9000. =>  Still not work.  :(

Anyone can help me ?

Thanks.
-chen