[openstack-dev] [monasca] Anomaly & Prediction Engine

Hochmuth, Roland M roland.hochmuth at hpe.com
Fri Jan 22 18:48:13 UTC 2016

Hi Pradip, There are several components in Monasca. I'm not sure what the acronym APE is stands for. Is that Anomaly and Prediction Engine? The list of components in Monasca and the languages that they are implemented in is as follows:

  1.  API: Both Java and Python.
  2.  Persister: Both Java and Python
  3.  Threshold Engine: Java only
  4.  Notification Engine: Python
  5.  python-monascaclient: Python

Over the past few months we developed around 120 Tempest tests that test the entire API, developed a plugin for Tempest and integrated in the OpenStack CI systems. The Tempest tests run to 100% completion against both APIs and Persisters.

There was a Python implementation of an anomaly engine developed that was more of a proof-of-concept. It is at, https://github.com/roland-hochmuth/monasca-anomaly.

Regards --Roland