[openstack-dev] [heat][heat-client] Question about heat command: deployment-list and deployment-metadata-show

邸小丽 Di XiaoLi xiaolihope1008 at 163.com
Fri Jan 22 05:25:14 UTC 2016

Hi:

When using heat command: heat deployment-list  and heat deloyment-metadata-show like this:
# heat deployment-list -s non-exist-server-id
+----+-----------+-----------+--------+--------+---------------+---------------+
| id | config_id | server_id | action | status | creation_time | status_reason |
+----+-----------+-----------+--------+--------+---------------+---------------+
+----+-----------+-----------+--------+--------+---------------+---------------+
# heat deployment-metadata-show  non-exist-server-id
[]
Here, I give the invalid server_id. But heat client did not show me that the server_id is not exist.
I think it is may be a bug as the case of invalid server_id and valid server_id with no deployments will both just return same empty output.
So, My questions are:
1) Is this a bug or consistent with design ?
2) If this is a bug, we should do the validation on the server_id and return a Not Found message as appropriate.
    I would like to know whether we should do the validation  in heat client or heat ?

Best Regards,
Di XiaoLi