[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Removing ml2_type_vxlan.vxlan_group parameter?

Sourabh Patwardhan sopatwar at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 19:24:35 UTC 2016

This option is used to configure a global multicast group IP for VXLAN
networks.
The Cisco Nexus1000V mech driver uses the IP address from this config
option when creating a VXLAN network in multicast mode.

If this config option has an empty value, it is interpreted as selecting
unicast mode for VXLAN networks.

Thanks,
Sourabh