[openstack-dev] [gate] large-ops failure spike

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Wed Jan 20 12:45:16 UTC 2016

The large-ops jobs jumped to a 50% fail in check, 25% fail in gate in
the last 24 hours.

http://tinyurl.com/j5u4nf5

There isn't an obvious culprit at this point. I spent some time this
morning digging into it a bit. Possibly each individual instance build
got slower, possibly some other timeout is getting hit.

The large-ops jobs were largely maintained by Joe Gordon, who dug into
them when there were issues. He's not part of the community any more,
and I don't think there is currently a point person.

With no current maintainer, I'd suggest we make the jobs non voting -
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/270141/

I also suggest their time has probably come and gone. There is no one
active on them, and the Rally team is.

A pre-gating test job is only useful if someone is actively addressing
systematic fails. This job class no longer has it. We should thus retire it.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net