[openstack-dev] [keystone][neutron][requirements] - keystonemiddleware-4.1.0 performance regression

Armando M. armamig at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 06:57:10 UTC 2016

On 19 January 2016 at 22:46, Kevin Benton <blak111 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We noticed a major jump in the neutron tempest and API test run times
> recently in Neutron. After digging through logstash I found out that it
> first occurred on the requirements bump here:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/265697/
>
> After locally testing each requirements change individually, I found that
> the keystonemiddleware change seems to be the culprit. It almost doubles
> the time it takes to fulfill simple port-list requests in Neutron.
>
> Armando pushed up a patch here to confirm:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/270024/
> Once that's verified, we should probably put a cap on the middleware
> because it's causing the tests to run up close to their time limits.

Kevin,

As usual your analytical skills are to be praised.

I wonder if anyone else is aware of the issue/s, because during the usual
hunting I could see other projects being affected and showing abnormally
high run times of the dsvm jobs.

I am not sure that [1] is the right approach, but it should give us some
data points if executed successfully.

Cheers,
Armando

[1]  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/270024/