[openstack-dev] [nova][infra] Ability to run newer QEMU in Gate jobs

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Jan 19 17:47:58 UTC 2016

On 2016-01-19 18:32:38 +0100 (+0100), Kashyap Chamarthy wrote:
[...]
> Matt Riedemann tells me on IRC that multi-node live migration job is
> currently Ubuntu only, and to get a newer QEMU, it has to be added to
> Ubuntu Cloud Archive.
[...]

As discussed recently on another thread[1], we're not currently
using UCA in jobs either. We can discuss it, but generally by the
time people start actively wanting newer whatever we're only a few
months away from the next LTS anyway. In this case I have hopes that
in a few months we'll be able to start running jobs on Ubuntu 16.04
LTS, which looks like it's going to ship with QEMU 2.5.

Alternatively, look into getting a live migration job running on
CentOS 7 or Fedora 23 if it can't wait until after Mitaka.

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-January/084148.html
--
Jeremy Stanley