[openstack-dev] [all][clients] Enable hacking in python-*clients

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 13:37:09 UTC 2016

Totally agree.

> To answer your questions: Sure, it can be done but why?
>
> Because we can encounter this issues in local environments only, also we can add custom checks like
> 1. use six.string_types instead of basestring
> 2. use dict.items or six.iteritems(dict) instead of dict.items
> 3. checks on assertions etc.

If you find hacking rules you feel useful for various projects,
I would suggest you try to add them to the hacking repo first.

If there is still a reasonable reasons to add the rules to individual repos,
you can propose them (though I believe it is a rare care).

I am not sure there are common rules specific to python-*client repos,
but it seems this is not a case of yours as far as I read this thread.

Akihiro