[openstack-dev] [nova] need your help on bug #1449498

jialiang_song517 jialiang_song517 at 163.com
Tue Jan 19 12:12:26 UTC 2016

Hi guys,

I am working on bug #1449498, <the command “nova quota-show” Should not display the quota of a user has been deleted>.

Reproduction steps w/ devstack and Liberty:
1) create a tenant bug_test
2) create a user test1 in tenant bug_test
3) update the quota instances of test1 as 5 (the default instances value is 10)
4) delete user test1
5) query the quota information for user test1 in tenant bug_test
in step5, the expected result should indicate user test1 doesn't exist, while nova returned the deleted user test1's quota infomation with instances as 5.

After investigation, it is found that quota_get_all_by_project_and_user() and quota_get_all_by_project() will invoke model_query(context, model,
                args=None,
                session=None,
                use_slave=False,
                read_deleted=None,
                project_only=False)
to query the quota information specified by project or project & user. While the model_query() doesnot work as expected, that is, in case a user was deleted, even read_deleted is set as no, the quota information associated with the deleted user will also be returned.

I am not sure if this is a design behavior or this could be problem in oslo_db? Could you give some instruction on the further direction? Thanks.

Any other comments are welcome.

Best Regards,
Jialiang

jialiang_song517