[openstack-dev] [heat] Convergence status

Anant Patil anant.patil at hpe.com
Tue Jan 19 06:44:45 UTC 2016

Hi,

This is to discuss the status of convergence patches and plans for
making it default.

The convergence gate jobs have been running successfully since more than
a month now. There were three integration tests skipped:
1. StackValidationTest
2. UpdateStackTest.test_stack_update_alias_type
3. UpdateStackTest.test_stack_update_alias_changes

2 and 3 of above are addressed by patches and have been running
successfully:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/248676/
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/259865/

The StackValidationTest fails because the test uses an image without
cfn-tools and convergence heat will wait for the signal to arrive.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/heat/+bug/1486281/comments/3 . This should be
fixed when we address https://bugs.launchpad.net/heat/+bug/1533176 . The
delete request can cancel the currently running check-resource requests
and it can then proceed without having to wait for resources to
complete. Also, if we use a proper image, this is is not seen.

There are few important patches in review which should close most of the
bugs:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/264748/
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/262374/
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/261208/
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/264675/
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/208790/

There are other bugs for which the patches should land soon. We should
plan to make convergence default earlier in m-3 phase so that we can
thoroughly test it before release. Let me know your opinion on this.

- Anant